Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SOLD!

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players:
they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time
plays many parts, his acts being seven ages." 
~William Shakespeare

 I thought I'd share the art pieces sold at my first show.  My mixed media art is a combination of painting, antiquing, using multiple vintage print images, specialty papers, encaustic, and all sorts of embellishments to create composition .  When creating pieces like the ones posted below, I feel I've been taken back in time.  I love history...and love, love to write stories that take place in a long forgotten world.  It's like these characters and places in time beg to be brought back to life.  "To be or not to be..."



This first piece is called Shakespeare's French Princess.



This is titled French Crest (if you look carefully, there is a mysterious castle in the middle).



And lastly, Ladies in Waiting. 


I also have another one that someone wants to purchase, but they want it framed in antiqued white.  I'll post it after I've sold it.  Let me give you a hint...it's a dancing pig.

Art on...
Mary